Introduction of program specifics will be reviewed, aimed at helping supervisors and employee representatives recognize and better understand problems on the job and how to utilize the EAP effectively. Problem employee identification is essential as early detection of behavioral manifestations can avoid costly deterioration of employee work performance. Supervisor’s constant contact with officers can provide a vital link to the success of an EAP. Areas covered in orientation include:
- How and when to refer to the EAP
- The importance of documentation
- Signs and symptoms of problems
- The importance of confidentiality
- Voluntary Vs supervisory referral
- Incorporation of disciplinary action
- Topics/questions of concern, etc.